We find new evidence of ‘what works’ across different contexts.
How we work
Teachers and policymakers rely on rigorous evidence to make informed decisions. Our network is committed to strengthening the evidence base to ensure that rigorous and contextually relevant evidence is available across all education systems.
To understand the causal factors that underpin high quality pedagogy, we fund randomised controlled trials and other methodologies. Our network’s research not only evaluates the effectiveness of interventions but also synthesizes these findings to contribute to the global evidence base.
Across all of our research, we aim for high standards and consistency:
- We employ a mixture of quantitative and qualitative methods to understand how and why things work or don’t work.
- We maintain a consistent reporting of impact, costs and security of findings.
- A detailed description of the intervention.
- We practice pre-registration and open science methods across all of our research.
- We commit to publish all our studies, regardless of the result.